CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Still managed Turkey for Easter!!!!!

There are just some things you really really miss but can manage without. Mom has been the travelling woman this year and left again this week for Texas with her friend Joan to visit Joan's two sons and families down there. We were all excited when she finally decided to go but when a couple of weeks ago when we realized that she would be gone for Easter weekend my brother-in-law Alex's reaction was something like "does she realize what she's doing to us by being gone for Easter?" We are all such family people we've even got the in-laws sucked into the whole thing. Mom has been doing Sunday dinners for us my whole life. When I was younger it was the Grandparents coming and now it's the Grand kids. Alex once saw the old slides of our dinners and made the comment of the same food on the same dishes just 20 years later with a few people changes.

So since mom does roast beef and stuff every week, and loves doing it too, doing a turkey for Easter, Thanksgiving etc. is not much different nor such a big deal. We help out with setting up and dishes and stuff too to help out. So Dave was working, Karen and family ended up going to her in-laws and so Diana had me over to her house for Easter dinner. I went out there about 5pm and by the time we talked and did some stuff and waited for Spencer to nap we started dinner at 7:30. Originally she had mentioned steaks but we ended up having turkey burgers. They were really good too. I enjoyed going over and visiting with her, especially with all the baby prep going on. Right now it's a dress for some work thing for Spencer next week and she's going to use it for Dave's wedding in Mexico too. Way too funny to watch her try and piece the thing together. Cracks me up!!!!!

So, anyway, even without my mother there I somehow still managed to have turkey for Easter no matter what form it came it. Mom even called while I was there and I said to her, I still can't believe you ditched us for Easter, her response was "Yes and I'm loving every minute of ditching you". I'm just glad she's having so much fun there so I guess it's worth her leaving us all behind. As long as it doesn't become a habit!!!! Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

0 comments: