Well, I made it through the day. Last night I went to a dance and realized that I hadn't done any studying for my philosophy for my testing today but figured I'd work on that today. I even got talking to a friend of mine about beating each other up (long silly story, ask me later) and mentioned about the boxing and he said something about how I took fencing or something like that and I was like, you mean sparring, and he said, ya ya. So I was telling him how I had testing today and what was all involved in that. I even mentioned that I grew up with my sisters and I beating each other up (many many mercy fights) so that was nothing new. I kind of was shocked and laughed at that. See he's known my youngest sister for a long time and would hang with her back in high school.
I was telling him how Karen & Diana even after they were married had a few mercy fights for fun and Karen elbowed Diana in the back knocking the wind out of her while their husbands watched and laughed at them. He was like, wow, I did not know that about Karen and guess there's a whole side of her I never knew. I also told him when Karen was 17 my older sister Kathy (18 years older than Karen) was up at Christmas for Diana's wedding and the two of them went at it in mom and dad's living room. I even have it on video!!!! It was fun to see the shock on his face over that one.
Anyway, well, I got some good studying in for an hour this morning and totally memorized it, had a beautiful 45 min nap and then went for my testing. I actually had fun and was not terribly nervous. I knew pretty much all of it and remembered all my form and stuff. It was even me he asked what green belt meant and man, it's a long definition I had to remember. Afterwards a bunch of us went out for "drinks" together. It was fun to sit and talk with each other and learn more about each other and talk about class and all kinds of stuff. Definitely a great relaxation moment that was needed after testing. It was fun and definitely worth going to so I'm very happy that I went and did it!!! We didn't get our belts handed out and as Mr. Ford said DHL stands for Deliver Half Later so we'll find out our results in a weekish. He pretty much implied that our group passed everything. I'm not really worried anyway, I did my best and that's all anyone can ask for :)
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Whew!!!
Posted by BJ at 11:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment