CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Thank Goodness for the Annoying Voice of Friends

So, I've been doing Taekwondo since last June right? Well, we have testing for the semester this Saturday and I've been freaking out about whether I wanted to go or not. See, on the one hand I'm in the intermediate group and we rotate which belt form we're doing and this semester it's the easy form and if I didn't go I'd have to do the middle difficulty form and then the difficult form (already did that last semester) again for the last belt in the section. Then on the other hand I just didn't feel ready today AT ALL!!!! I was very tired after an extra long day at work (had to stay longer than usual and hit the really bad traffic) and was laying on the couch enjoying watching Doctor who, the new version, trying to decide what to do.

I ended up calling Em to get her opinion. I was hoping for someone to tell me to just stay home, try and feel better and get some sleep. I haven't been sleeping well or feeling well, but who really cares about that, I just ignore that and keep on trucking. Instead Em has the annoying voice of reason and says that I should go and try anyway and if I feel ready then register for testing and if not, then don't. UGH!!!! Sometimes I just hate, ok strong word, severely despise when people are just so reasonable!!! Can't I just be lazy once??? Ha! Ya right, and so not worth it. I ended up going to class and actually got a lot done and learned a lot. There was a girl there in my same belt rank I haven't seen for a while and working with her I realized I know my form far better than I thought I did.

I'm still a little worried about the self defense and sparring part. Sparring is tomorrow at 7 but I have VTing at 6 & 7 so I can't go there until the 8pm class. The philosophy should be easy. I'll study all the parts and pieces I need to know the night before. It's how I work best. So, wish me luck and pray that I remember it all and actually pass everything. Heaven knows I'll need all the prayers I can get!!

0 comments: