CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Button Pushers

So apparently one of the reasons people are my friends is because they are button pushers and I have the right buttons to push. The worst part of it is that I make it so easy for them to do this. At least we both laugh at it. Today is the prime example of that. So Tyler and I were meeting up at his house to go to the gun show today. I drove out there and walked in as I always do and didn't see or hear anyone as I said hello. So I stood for a second and then called out again and still nothing. Well, just long enough later, Tyler jumps up on the couch (it faces away from the door) and scares the crap out of me. The dumb jerk knows that I'm a jumper. Let's just say I beat him up for that one. All day he kept finding stuff to bring up, like asking about my hair and if it was okay when we got out of the car just because ONE TIME it got caught in the seat belt. I'm a girl, I have long hair and it was down that day, you do the math. I can't even remember all of the things that happened today, but there were a lot of eye rolls, head shakes, and dirty looks aimed at Tyler. He's lucky he's such a good friend or I might have had to kill him, which wouldn't make his future wife, whoever she is, very happy at all.

My family does the same thing with me too, only they tend to be a little more mean with it. I don't think I set myself up on purpose, it just sort of tends to happen that way. I guess that's my way of being the funny one in the family is to give everyone else the material to work with and play off of me. The hardest part is I can never get them back. I'm not enough of a fast witty thinker to come up with the comebacks. My family at least has caused me to have a thick enough skin when it comes to my friends laughing and poking fun at me. I can take the joke, and it usually is funny, in spite of mocking me, and we always have good times.

0 comments: