CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 26, 2009

The Smartest Person my Mom knows.

Now as I mentioned on Dad's Birthday, there are some advantages and disadvantages to my father being gone. One of the big ones is dealing with my mother on some days. Now, I love my mom, but she gets EXTREMELY paranoid often. Dad was always good at telling her to relax about stuff. Now I get to deal with it. Mom is flying down to Lethbridge today to look after her good friend Joan who just had surgery. Well, she got her e-ticket and last night at 11:30 pm called freaking out. She had clicked on the link that said to check on the status of your flight and when she did it said scheduled departure time 1 pm and actual departure time not available. Until I actually saw it I didn't understand what she was talking about and it didn't help that she started panicking about her flight being cancelled and not being able to go and talking so fast about all the problems I didn't quite understand what she said. UUUGGGGHHH!!!!! is all I have to say after I saw it. So she's rambling on and on and on and decides to e-mail me so I can check the link. She won't stop after she's e-mailed it so I tell her to stop talking until I can see it in front of me. Ya, that lasted a whole two seconds. I finally got it open and massively rolled my eyes. The not available part she was panicking about was just whether the flight was delayed, on time or early which they wouldn't know until some time today.

Finally she calmed down and felt better. I asked her why the heck she called me of all people and she said that I was the smartest person she knew and that I'd figure it out. She also said "see, I knew I called the right person". UUUGGGGHHHH!!!!!!! She driveth me crazy some days. Today she called me at work around 9am to let me know she'd called the airport and after many automated things found out she only needed to be there an hour early, after worrying about how early to get there (see paranoid). I very nicely said I don't care and why the heck did she call to tell me that. Her answer, "because I don't have a husband". WOW!!!! My mom is nuts, and she's lucky I love her. Again she mentioned I was the smartest person she knew. I told her I found it funny that of all her 7 kids that I was the smartest one she knew and she said that I was but not to tell my siblings that. I just hope they don't read this. Hmmmmm, oh well LOL!!! Times like this I really miss my dad and realize how much we never knew how crazy mom was some days. He did a good job of protecting us from Crazy Mom ( maybe more paranoid than crazy I guess). At least we don't see it too often, well that may not be completely true. I see her paranoia more now than ever before, and I know it was there to begin with, just didn't realize how bad it was and somehow, I'm the lucky one who gets to deal with it. I'm just glad I can roll my eyes and laugh at how funny she really truly is.

0 comments: