Well, a friend of mine did this and I didn't want to copy exactly but I've been thinking about things more and more and I really really would like just to write down somewhere the things that happened in 2008. It was an interesting year.
- finally bought myself an ipod that I love
- bought the coolest ring ever as an I had a bad week and this made me feel better
- dealt with "R" and had some interesting experiences with him
- was shocked when mom's best friends husband died and drove her down for the funeral
- went down to Drumheller to the dinosaur museum for the 2nd time in my life...fun times
- helped a friend with his girl troubles to the point they got engaged at Christmas (almost had to slap him in the face multiple times for him to realize she liked him)
- Met two of my absolute best friends Tyler and Jenn. They have changed my life and mean a lot to me
- went on a "date" with a guy who's 21 that I used to babysit. He's the one who called it a date and it was just for fun. We have fun talking
- ran away after tax season and had and awesome relaxing time in calgary
- saw a lot of really good movies this year like Australia, Iron man, Dark Knight and Get Smart (wish my dad was here to see that one with us)
- went to the SA conf in Edmonton and had a lot of fun and met new friends
- went to the mid-singles conf in Calgary and had a blast
- in June I won a month free at this martial arts place and liked it so much I decided to join and started my Taekwondo journey. I have so far earned my orange, yellow and camouflage belt. I'm now in the intermediate group and I'm really quite enjoying it
- Quit tap dancing so I could do other activities. It was fun but not as engaging as I had hoped
- found out via facebook that my brother was engaged, that's a funny story cause he didn't know that it would spread with such wild fire LOL!!!!!
- went repelling again, forgot how much fun that was
- left the singles ward and started going to the family ward. Ya, not really liking the family ward, it's a great ward, just don't fit in there at all but I'm trying to make the best of it. At least I have Karen's kids to keep me entertained
- got the dumbest calling in the family ward as one of three ward librarians and ya, felt more isolated (that has now changed to Relief Society pianist which I'll enjoy way more)
- saw a good friend move to New York and back again, her stories are fun to hear
- Took a trip to Waterton with Alison. First time I'd been there since I went as a young kid with my parents. Did a lot of hiking and had fun taking picutres. I think I still have some to develop, I should probably get on that
- went fishing
- saw my nephew come home from his mission
- my nephew got engaged
- had my niece move up here from Utah for half the year
- Met some fun new friends like Kyle, Oswaldo, Kristi and many many many others
- started a business with some friends
- cleaned some very very very moldy vending machines by myself
- almost had my boss retire this year, would have been an interesting change to go to a new place, but that's on hold for now
- had to actually rent a car for the first time since my car had issues and was in the shop over the weekend and it was a weekend where I REALLY needed a car
- took Emily to the Calgary Zoo where we got to play tug of war with a Siberian Tiger
- had a bad SA dance in Sept but had a great time at the one in Oct in spite of the crazy puppet show and bad music
- decided I wanted to learn Spanish
- went shooting and shot my first rifle
- took my course to get my unrestricted gun license. plan on taking the restricted course this year
- got to share in the joy of my sister finally getting pregnant
- got slapped in the face with a glove and an onion by a friend, oh you know who you are. At least it was funny
- had a birthday party
- laughed so hard at a friends birthday I thought I was going to die. All I have to think of is the tingly lips and I lose it all over again LOL
- read the Twilight books faster than I usually read books and enjoyed them
- enjoy the thrill of having a bath and body works in Edmonton. That can be a dangerous store to be in.
- Helped at the Temple devotional for the 5th year in a row
- went back to institute to support a friend who's teaching and really have quite enjoyed the class.
- Had some interesting, odd, and nice experiences with "D". Hmmmmm
- Saw one of my long time dearest friends find a wonderful wife and mother for his kids. That was beautiful and they are so cute
- Babysat my niece and nephew a ton and laugh at them constantly with how funny they are. I love those cute kids.
- got over some of my greatest fears when it comes to marriage.
- went sledding for the first time in many many many years and was crazy enough to go in -25C weather
- lived another year single but still having some of the best times of my life and happy, probably the happiest year yet
- and the last thing I can think of for now (I may add things later if I can think of them) is that I survived yet another year without my dad.
I'm sure there are many more things that have happened and many more things I have learned but these are some of the highlights that I can think of for now. It was an amazing year when I actually sit and look at it.




0 comments:
Post a Comment