CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

You have to try everything Once

I have had the most amazing year so far and it's only January 20th. I have had so much fun and so many amazing experiences. During welcome week at the institute they had a basketball game between Edmonton and Calgary before the dance. I had forgotten how much I love to watch live basketball and how much I really get into it. The dance was pretty good too, especially what happened after the dance, but that's not a story for here LOL!! This past weekend I spent Friday and Saturday watching the YSA Elders Quorum basketball tournament which again was so much fun. My old ward made it to the semi-finals where it was a very close game. I got excited and cheered lots and then they made it to the finals, where it was another really really close game that they won. My throat was so sore from cheering all day but I loved it. Even had a great conversation with someone Jenn refers to as "jail bait" (he's 24) where numbers were exchanged. That was a fun night.
Last night I went to the activity at Rabbit Hill where this same guy convinced me to go snowboarding and I've never gone before. I figured I needed to work on doing some "firsts" this year so I might as well start now. I tried to get in on the lesson but it was crap and went halfway down the bunny hill and was sore.
My almost 21 year old nephew found me and then took me up the big hill and showed me some stuff. It was pretty awesome that he did that. I had warned him I was scared and had no idea what I was doing and warned him what I might be like and he said that was fine as long as he's my favourite nephew from now on. I told him he'd have to be second favourite because Cachie wins over him and he though that was fair. Cache is 2 1/2 and so much cuter. Parker was ever so patient with me and helped me up a lot. That was the one thing I couldn't figure out was getting up going forwards. It was really important to spend that time with him too. It was a side of him I don't get to see really and it was some real quality time with him that I will treasure.
After I made it down and rested for about 5 minutes I ran into "jail bait" and told him that I had gone down the big hill. He said well let's go again. I proceeded to explain that I'd fall a ton, he'd have to be very patient and maybe help me up a lot and I still had no clue what I was doing. He was like, ya so, get your board and let's go. So up we went. He taught me a few more things, most importantly how to get up with my back facing down the hill without sliding. That I could do. I also did some "moonwalk" moves as he called it, and went down the hill backwards. It's a start at least and if I had more time I might have been able to actually go down the hill without being terrified. I'm just impressed I made it out of there alive!!!! Definitely something I'm glad I can say that I tried and had so much fun doing. So many wonderful experiences and I can see so many more to come. This is the year for me. I'm happy, life is great, I have the best friends ever and it's only getting better. Look out world, here I come!!!

1 comments:

catharooni said...

just caught up on your adventures - how excellent! looking forward to seeing what else 2009 has in store for you!!