Now, I love my mom and I'll do anything for her, which may actually be what annoys the most in this situation. So she calls me around noon today a little stressed because her check tire pressure alarm/light/whatever you want to call it, came on today. So I told her I was busy but I'd be there eventually. She starts panicking like she wants me there now but all I needed was an hour or so, I hadn't even showered yet. Anyway, so I go over to her house and I pull out a tire pressure gauge and show her how to use it. She thought it was just the one tire that was low, which was low. So I told her if we were going out I was making her come to Best Buy with me. Well, I had washed my car just before I went over there and so now all of a sudden she wants to wash her car too. So we go to the gas station and before we even filled the tires I checked all of them and they were all low, so I showed her how to fill the tire. She figured it was pretty easy and she might actually remember to do it. I made the comment that it was easier than checking your oil in the car and she said ya, she doesn't even know how to do that. I just rolled my eyes.
See my dad taught Karen and I how to do all this stuff and take care of a car. Diana totally missed out, not because dad wouldn't teach her but because she had her head in the clouds too much and mostly just didn't care. Mom figured she'd never have to take care of a car and swore she never would but now, without dad, ya, she's calling on me now to do most of it. So we got the tires filled, washed the car and headed to Best Buy. Of course since we were going there we had to stop at Chatter's salon for hair stuff for her, and Home Depot. Now Home Depot is another funny story.
The bracket on the back of her dresser had broken so she took it upon herself to go to Rona last night and ended up buying the wrong bracket. The had the right one at Home Depot. So then come to find out that she had pulled the drill out to install the one she bought last night. Oh my goodness. She so did not need to do that and I was laughing and making fun of her. She said the funny thing was she pulled the drill out because she thought I'd laugh at her if she didn't. The old bracket had a 3rd hole in a weird place, well all I did was put the new one in with a screwdriver and had to make 3 new holes and still didn't need the drill. You kind of have to see it to understand but it's really quite funny. Honestly, some days that woman drives me nuts. The only consolation I got was she at least took me out for dinner to repay me for helping her. My mother is far too much class to do all this stuff on her own. Good thing that at least Karen and I are enough tom-boyish enough to know how to do stuff and help fix things.
Mom and dad may have had 6 girls and 1 boy but dad taught his girls to do work. I can't tell you how many projects Karen and I did with dad. I built the fence with him, both fences in different summers. You should have seen Diana trying to help with the first one when we were teens. That was pretty pathetic. I'm glad I learned all I did because it helps with fixing my own place and with all the phone calls I get from mom. I'm usually the first call since I'm the single one. Ugh!!!!! One more reason to wish to be married LOL!
Saturday, March 21, 2009
My Widowed Mother Drives Me Crazy!!!!
Posted by BJ at 8:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
i love your mom!! and i get the calls from my mom because i am the ONLY child she has - and i have NO skills in the car department. i go to wherever i had the oil changed to get the tire pressure checked and adjusted!!
Post a Comment