Well, I had a pretty fun filled weekend and I have the lack of sleep to show for it. It was the SA conference here and it was pretty fun. Friday nights stuff ended early so a bunch of us went to Boston Pizza after. Now I had been up early for work and worked all day and hadn't even been home yet with all I had going on. I had to pick up my niece from school and she came to work for the afternoon and then a friend had a BBQ I went to for a bit. So, to help out a friend I drove Em home when we all left BP's after 1am. It was 2am before I went to sleep and since I live right by the church where the conference was I took the opportunity to skip the first hour of the morning and sleep in. It felt great.
So by Saturday night J, Em, and I were VERY tired from being up so late but we were still ready to have fun and party. The dance was a lot of fun and we managed to survive it. Afterwards a few of us went to one of the guys houses and played Rook. It was actually pretty fun. I had even gotten a second wind and was way more awake than I had been the night before. It was after 3 before all of us left so by the time I got to bed, yup, 4am. Then I had 9am church so I was up by 7:30. Oh ya, I was awake (insert sarcastic tone here). The funniest part was when the Bishop came up and asked me to say the closing prayer at church. I told him sure, if I was still awake. He laughed.
I managed to survive better than I thought I would at church. I'm hoping to keep that same stamina up the rest of the day. I have to stay awake and not nap today or I won't sleep tonight and I NEED to go to bed by 8 or 9 since I have to be up at 4am. I'm being picked up at 530 am to go to the airport for CUBA!!!! So now the trick is to stay awake for the next couple of hours, go to mom's to pick stuff up, then Karen's for dinner and then home to bed. I'd better sleep well tonight. Heaven knows I need it and don't want to fight getting up early tomorrow. If not, oh well. I'll be in CUBA for a week of relaxation. And to that I say "SO LONG SUCKAZ!!!! Hope you enjoy the crappy cold weather I hear you're going to have!!!!"
Sunday, May 17, 2009
I'm not in my early 20's anymore
Posted by BJ at 12:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment