Children are absolutely hilarious and make every moment of Christmas worth while. So I stayed at my moms overnight Christmas Eve just because it's more fun that way. So in the morning my sister Diana showed up husbandless because he had to work, paramedic, and we decided to wait for Karen and her brood of husband and two kids. It's way more fun with the kids there. So they came and we all had Cinnamon buns and hot chocolate for breakfast at 10 am. Then we went downstairs. Well Veronica, 5 1/2, wanted presents so bad she was pulling them out for everyone. Just before she started to do that though mom, aka grandma, pulled out the "Rudolf" gifts for the kids. It was bags of fun stuff for them to play with.
Now, if you read my previous blog you know that Cache, 2 1/2, learned the first line of I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas. He sang it for everyone on Saturday night and they though it was hilarious and they couldn't really understand him but they got the gist of it. So he's opening this bag gift from Rudolf and he pulls out this liquid soap. Now "Rudolf" had just happened to pick up a pink and a blue soap for the boy and girl and when Cachie pulled his out he looked at it and everyone thought he would just say "oh, soap". Well, the soap dispenser was shaped like a hippo so he pulled it out and without missing a beat said " I got a hippopotamus for Christmas". We all just died laughing. He said it a few times too. The rest of the day was fun, but watching the kids is the most fun. When Cache had opened his gift from Uncle Dave and Amanda he squealed, Oh cars!!!! He almost didn't unwrap the rest of the gift. Children are definitely what make these days worth all of the work and the effort put into it. Those are the moments that remind you of what it's all about.
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE
P.S. Christmas Eve in the afternoon Cache came over for mom and I to watch him while Karen and Alex picked up some of the food for the Sub Sandwich feast we do every year. While all four of us were talking in the back entrance before they left Cache was playing around in the kitchen. I heard some things being flung around but thought it was the Santa fridge magnets he had been playing with. Well, the phone rang and I went to get it and WOW. Cache had found moms recipe box and opened it and was flinging the recipes all over the kitchen. Even when I said to him what are you doing, he jumped and then grabbed more and started to wing those around. Crazy kid. That was fun to re-organize.
Thursday, December 25, 2008
I want a hippopotamus for Christmas
Posted by BJ at 9:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment