CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Tales from the mouths of children

I have been having a great time these last few days. I got off work on Friday at 11:30 am and haven't looked back since. I am so happy that I have off until the 5th of January. I have very much needed this holiday. Today I want to share some stories that have been told to me about my niece and nephew that are absolutely hilarious. If you can stick through the silly boy one you'll love the one of Veronica. So Cacheton is 2 1/2 years old now and he kills us with laughter. On Sunday he asked one of the boys, his older teenage cousins, to take him to the bathroom, when the boy hasn't been trained yet and is still in a diaper. He's pretty close though. So Karen took him to the bathroom where he did very well. Well, while he was "poking it down" he asked Karen, "Mommy, is dis a sword?" to which Karen replied a very adamant, NO. When Spencer, Diana's husband, heard this he said Karen needed to go tell Cachie that wasn't necessarily true. Ahhhh, boys.

Then tonight I'm babysitting Cache, and the chair he sits in that attaches to the table has hippo's on it and he mentioned it to me. Well, since I had heard the stupid retarded song for 10 seconds on the radio today I kept singing all during dinner, "I wanna hippopotamus for Christmas". By the time Cache was done dinner all I had to sing was "I" and he started in on the rest. We're going to perform it for Christmas Eve tomorrow. I laughed so hard every time he did it that he kept doing it on and on. I'm still laughing over it.

Now for Veronica's story. Alex told us that he was driving her to school the other day and Veronica went to open the van door by herself. Now she knows she's not allowed to do this, especially since she can't get the van door open without taking off her mittens. I'm sure you can see where this is going, but with the -25 temperatures we've been having, and it's a metal handle, her hand stuck to the handle and ripped (not the skin, but enough to hurt) when she pulled her hand off. Well, she lost it. She screamed and bawled for forever. Alex couldn't get her to calm down at all and had her bawling all the way to school, which they were late for, of course. Alex then told us what he found out. Veronica had been told by Aiden's mom ( a kid from her class where she stays at on the days Alex works) that when you freeze your hands, they get frost bitten and turn black and they chop your fingers off. Now I'm sure Aiden's mom told her this to get her to wear her mittens or something on these cold days which is fine. The funny thing is that Veronica thought Alex was taking her to get her fingers chopped off which was the real reason for her screams, and not the pain from ripping her hand off the handle. I still can't stop laughing at that one.

I'm looking forward to more funny stories and goings on this year at Christmas. The kids give us lots of ammunition, and heck, so do the rest of them. Ok, well, it's usually me that's the butt of all the jokes and gives everyone else plenty of ammunition to make fun of me. I'm totally willing to admit that somehow, by accident, I manage to leave the door wide open to it. The worst part is, not only does my family do it, but some of my closest friends find those opportunities and use them often. Oh well, all in good fun. So Christmas should be fantastic again. My favourite part is the Submarine Sandwiches and the huge spread we put out for Christmas Eve. I mean ya, the Turkey dinner is great on Christmas day, but the sub spread is far more fun. That and the acting out and reading of the Christmas story every year. I have to say, Christmas Eve and all the fun we have is probably one of my favourite times of the year.

0 comments: