CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 7, 2008

No sleep and great days make me a giddy, tired girl

Well, I finally got to have my family birthday last Sunday. Somehow it always gets postponed for a while with the Temple Devotional and other goings on around here. It was really quite funny. I put in my "order" with Diana for my cake and it turned out not too bad. My favourite part was when Veronica was helping Diana light the candles and Veronica said, "wow, that's a lot of candles. Barb's old, and she's not married????" I died laughing. The funny thing is about 2 weeks before that I was babysitting her telling her how I used to play with her mom and babysit her mom while grandma taught piano when we were little girls. She couldn't believe I was older than her mom and not married. She was shocked!!!!! So how's that for a birthday present eh?

Then Tuesday, oh my Tuesday. Jenn had her birthday dinner and I swear, I stopped breathing I was laughing so hard. Tears were streaming down my face. First we went for dinner which is always delicious at Olive Garden, but, when you get six giggling girls together, trouble can be had. Jenn barely got us there alive, but we were partly to blame laughing so hard in the car. I gave Jenn the best present a girl could ever ask for, a man!!!!! I bought her a bunch of movies with Gerard Butler in them. One even has Christian Bale, another hottie. I'd better be the favourite for a long time to come :) I mean, who has ever received EXACTLY what they wanted. Now I know he's not real and just on the screen, but she didn't specify that he had to actually, physically be there.



After we went back to Jenn's place for more girl time and wow, what a bunch of girls together can talk about is hilarious. Emily told the most ridiculous story about getting over a fence, well flipping over, and squishing her missionary companion behind her. Oh!!! you just have to have her tell you one day, you won't be able to breathe. I swear, I couldn't get any air in I was laughing so incredibly hard. Then Paula with the "lip gloss" and bleacher stories, and then I had storied on other people. Let's just say, the embarrassing moment story I heard on someone brings a whole new light to the phrase " I have to go pee". Oh, and to top it all off, Jenn got out sparklers with which we promptly set off the smoke detector with. The best part is Jenn was trying to fan the smoke detector with a sparkler still in the other hand. Honestly, I don't know how we all made it through the night without peeing ourselves we were laughing so hard. We didn't leave her place till after midnight and by the time I drove others home and then got home myself it was 1am and I had to get up for work. Boy was I tired.

I had planned to catch up on my sleep Wednesday, but ended up watching my sister's kids while she had a meeting and then played Wii till 11:30 with a friend. You should have seen me by 2pm on Thursday at work. I almost didn't make it through. In fact, I had gone down for a short nap Thursday after work and was glad I had set the alarm on my phone or I would have missed the Institute choir concert, which was wonderful, but it was the conversations that were had with certain people that made it all worth while. OK, so it was more like "a" conversation with "a certain person" that made my night. It wasn't what I was expecting or how I was expecting it. I went home so giddy I couldn't sleep. Such a cheesy school girl sometimes I swear, I felt like a silly teenager again. Then talked with this certain person again last night, again, not what I expected, and got giddy all over again so that when I finally went to bed at 1am I had to distract myself with some TV to be able so fall asleep and not think too much. I hate that I think too much, but it's so much fun sometimes. I'm hoping this week is a little be quieter and I can get some stuff done and relax a little. I need a nap, which is I think the next step today. Nothing quite says Sunday like a great afternoon nap.

1 comments:

Jenn said...

ok, next year i want the REAL DEAL - no on-screen substitutions!! glad you had a good time on Tuesday - it was so much fun to laugh like that with all my friends!