So, life has been okay. Nothing exciting these days. Last week I fell down the stairs at my place. That was fun. I was coming out of my building to take some laundry to do at moms house and my foot caught the stair wrong. Down I went on 6 or 7 cement stairs. As I was going down I was at least smart enough to think to put my laundry hamper in front of me and land on it. That made the damage a lot less than it could have been. I banged up and scraped up my knees pretty good. The bruises are absolutely beautiful. They cover almost the whole front of both shins. I'm pretty proud of them.
Now I can handle a good fall, even think it's pretty funny, but it just annoyed me that it happened two days before another Taekwondo testing Saturday. I was going to go to sparring Thursday night but I could almost hardly walk right after I fell. I sat at moms watching tv with ice packs on both legs. I did decide to go to class and tried working on my form and board breaking and stuff which, by the end of the night, wasn't too bad. My knees were finally able to bend, I was just a little bit sore. Testing Saturday went okay too. My shins were, and are, still pretty sore but I didn't hurt them sparring during testing. It was during the grappling that it was quite sensitive, but I managed just fine. No worries.
I'm also glad to have good friends around. I had a crappy day yesterday and called Em, not to complain but just to see how she was doing. She could tell I'd had a rough day and she was out with a friend and they thought it would be fun to have one more opinion on stuff so I met them at West Ed and hung out. I do have to say, very funny times were had, a lot of laughing, and very strange things were done. Definitely one night to go down in the history books.




0 comments:
Post a Comment