Well, today was Bob's funeral. It was quite nice. All four boys gave a lovely tribute to their father and my mother said some wonderful words too. I was nice to be included in their family and to be made a part of that moment. They all looked well and held up very nicely. I was impressed with how well Karen's kids behaved too. They were both very good. Karen and Diana both had to go out with the babies for most of it but it was still good.
I got to see a lot of wonderful people I normally don't get to see and I had some wonderful visits. That to me was great. It was just nice all around. The kids had made some posters of pictures for the foyer and they had a video of pictures set up outside of the RS room. So many people came to see mom and the boys and visit. I'm kind of glad this time I was able to wander around and didn't have to do the meet and greet. It's a long day that's for sure.
Tomorrow mom goes to Southern Alberta and they'll have the burial. I hope it goes well. OH!!! and the good news was that they were able to get an internet feed up and available to other people that the friend in American Fork and his two grandchildren on missions were able to watch the service over the internet. That was a lovely service provided for them and I'm sure it meant the world to many people. Now to make sure mom has a good life. She certainly is surrounded by an abundance of us to help make it happen




0 comments:
Post a Comment