CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Family Support

I've been thinking a lot about things lately and what direction I want to be going in. I was afraid to tell my sisters a little bit just because I thought they might criticize me for making current decisions (like buying a new car), when my plans involve possibly moving. Well, to my surprise the two I've talked to so far were almost more supportive than my mom. Now granted, I didn't talk to my mom very long because she called me from Hawaii but still. And these are the two sisters whose opinion and advice probably matter the most because they're the two I grew up the closest to. I spent over an hour on the phone with each of them on separate days and I almost feel a sense of relief when it comes to making my choices. I had already decided before I talked with them and it was nice to hear that they thought it was good.


So, after some help from Karen I'm going to go try and test drive a few different cars this week and see how that goes and if I like the few I've thought of. Then I'll try and find one that's a good price, probably a year oldish with a few km's on it. Then I'm making plans to maybe move. Now the move won't happen for probably 2 years, and it's only a possibility. It depends how my trip at the end of this year goes and if I would like to possibly move there. It also depends on how long it would take me to get a visa to work there too. I'm thinking when I go on my vacation I'm going to make some contacts and look at jobs so I can have a heads up when applying for the visa. I'm only thinking of moving for a year for now, and if it goes well I'd stay, and if not I'd come home. It's all only guessing at this point, but just the fact that I'm thinking of something different is easing a lot of stress on me.

So, I just plan and save for my vacation and work towards buying that new car in the next couple of weeks and then see what life has in store. I can't be sure of anything and like Karen said, I may only just travel more to more places, or I could move. I'm just glad they helped me feel better and not worse. I really really needed that more than they could ever imagine!! Who knows what will happen for sure, but the journey is there and I intend to leap forward full steam ahead. I need some change in my life and might as well take advantage of it while I can. Who knows what could lie ahead!!!!!

0 comments: