CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 12, 2009

Thanksgiving

This year was the year of years to survive thanksgiving. At our house there are always so many it can be very overwhelming and this year was no exception. Mom told us a few weeks ago she was getting married again and we've been having to sit on that information and not tell anyone. This week we were finally able to tell people as Bob was coming up for Thanksgiving to be with us. Plus they got to have their first date too. They've been friends for years and mom always kept in touch with him and his wife and when she died they still kept in touch and it eventually turned in to more than that. I can honestly say I never thought my mother of all people would be having an internet romance. That's the funny part, but like I said, known each other for years and raised some kids together in the same neighbourhood.

So, mom decided since Bob was coming she wanted all of her kids there. Usually we'll do dinner on Sunday still and whoever doesn't work comes, but this year she changed it up. Dave worked Sunday night so we did it Saturday night, and let me say, EVERYONE of us who is in the city came. Parker even brought his girlfriend and roommate. It meant I set for 18 people plus Cache in his highchair and Ivy somewhere. It took 2 tables in the living room, moving a couch to make that work and then still had 4 in the kitchen. Stuck Parker, his guests and one of his brothers there and it worked well. A lot of people and A LOT of dishes. Definitely a long long long day. We had fun though, just weird with mom. Not bad weird, just different weird. The nice thing is us kids all know Bob well enough that it works just fine and he's making us the priority since we are all so close and do a lot together still.

Yesterday was quieter with only 8 plus Cache and Ivy for leftovers. Much more relaxing and enjoyable. Then poor mom and Bob get even MORE turkey today. They're going to one of his boys houses for another round with about another 20 people there (and that's only 2 of his 4 boys). Yes, things around our house are never ever boring and never ever a moment to yourselves. I'm enjoying my quiet day just relaxing and chilling at home. I did go to Superstore for a bit and let me tell you, there are some stupid drivers out there. Some guy tried to wave me out of the exit of the parking lot just so he could come in the exit and kill someone. If I had let him he would have made and almost 180 turn just to try and get in the exit and then someone trying to come out would have hit him. As long as he sat there I wasn't going to move to let him in to cause an accident. I stayed there and didn't move despite all his waving and sitting and finally he drove off, gave me the finger and turned at the corner 4 feet ahead. Big deal, so he had to go behind the store to the other one way street to enter but hey, guess what, no one dies that way. As mad as he was, I feel happy and confident I made the right decision in that one. Plus, if I had gone and then he decided to step on the gas and go and he had hit me I would have been at fault for the accident. I'm not dummy, my father taught me better than that. OBEY THE FREAKING ROAD RULES PEOPLE!!!!!! Sometimes being nice can cause more problems. If everyone obeys the rules, everyone wins.

And there ends my rant for the day. All in all, I'm grateful for my family, that we survived and for what may lie ahead. And I suppose for my father's pet peeve of stupid drivers and he taught me well in many many area. Here's to a great rest of the year and a chaotic Merry Christmas!!!!!

0 comments: