Well, so far I've stuck to my guns, and I have to say, if I didn't have Sasha I would have NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS done it!!!! We worked out every single day last week that we said we would. We did our running on Monday and Wednesday and then walking on Tuesday and Thursday. Friday Sasha texted me to tell me that she had a fever and couldn't run so we made plans to go Saturday instead, which is within the allotted rules because we still got to workout 5 days.
So Saturday I nearly killed myself to go running just to keep to our goal. I was up and moving my brother at 10 am and everything I moved came from the basement so I had some pretty good asthma breathing going on at his old house. We worked hard to get it loaded up. Then when we got to his new house almost everything I brought in was either an upstairs thing or a basement thing. See, he moved from a bungalow into a two-story house, so I was doing stairs like mad. About two-thirds of the way through unpacking my really bad knees were starting to give out. When we stopped to eat some pizza around 2ish I got up off the chair and made some oooffff sounds. Karen asked what was wrong with me, I was like, oh bad knees, sore body just in general really. I could hardly stand after having sat, and then we still had the heaviest of the furniture to go. But by about 3:30 or so we got it all done. I felt bad leaving them with some of the mess they had, but we had done all we could do without completely driving them nuts. At this point they're still decided where everything is going in the new house because it's so much bigger. Amanda was amazing and pretty cheery considering it was moving day and how stressed she was. I give her a lot of credit for how she deals with stress.
I texted Sasha to see if we really had to go and she said if she was puking and going to go I had to go too. So I went. I didn't run as well as I had the other days, nor as well as I did today (it's Monday again, ugh) but I tried and I pushed what I could. My knees were okay with the running but my lungs were the problem. I'd pushed them too far with moving and I kept getting a stitch in my side. I walked more than usual for my run but at least I did something. I am so proud of myself for that and for sticking to it. I figure in a couple of weeks I'll have my lungs trained pretty well to be able to go a lot further because my legs and feet are doing well, and way better than I expected. I think all that walking in Scotland helped. I was dead sore Saturday night and didn't go anywhere which was nice and still recovering a bit on Sunday but it was good for me. My lungs today were still showing signs of recovery when I went running, but I pushed through it and walked a lot less than usual. One day I'll get there!!!
I'm so glad that I have someone to go with. After having gone through all of my weight loss and my still weigh ups and downs one of my criteria in a husband is someone who likes to workout and will push me to do things like this and have a plan with me so I'm not always sitting around. I don't like sitting around but I'm also very lazy and making myself get out and go, which is why I'm so glad for Sasha right now. I don't care if that's being picky about a husband but I figure at my age in life I have a right to be even MORE picky and get what I want out of it. Better than then settling, because if I settle I'll never be happy, and I'm happy now so why screw it up. If I want to stay at the same or more happy than I am now I want what I want and need, which is somewhat flexible and changes a bit as to where I am in life, but a certain level of physical activity is required. So there's my little, I dunno, call it a rant or whatever you want for today but that's me :)
Monday, August 24, 2009
Week One
Posted by BJ at 6:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment