CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Story of the Three Scotsmen

So, I couldn't really go in to the whole story on facebook when I posted my pictures, but there is a really funny story behind the picture I have of the three Scotsmen. Now, it may only be funny to me and be one of those you had to bee there stories, but I was there so it's funny. So I had heard about King Arthur's seat being kind of fun to climb up and was debating whether to go because my feet were already sore, but I took the chance and did it. So I was getting near the top and saw the three of them there laughing and having a drink. I was too shy to ask for a picture and finished the little ways I had left and chuckled at them getting drunk on my way.

On my way back down I saw two of them and they were chatting up this girl. It was really funny to listen to their conversation. The shorter one (the one on the left of the picture) was the funniest really. He was just chatting up the girl like crazy and then there was a point where she went down one side and they were going down the other (same side as me). So I chuckled even more as I heard him saying to his friend about how that was the most beautiful girl he'd ever seen and stuff like that, only the language was a lot more colourful and he said said it so much funnier. So I'm going down the hill and get about half way and I see the third guy. He's the one in the middle of the three in the picture.

There was a woman and her father who wanted to get a picture with him so I offered to take it for them. He mentioned about his two friends and that he wasn't sure what was taking them so long and I told him that they were hitting on all the girls on their way down becoming quite friendly with everyone (they had found another girl just as I was getting out of ear shot). He laughed and said something about that being like them. He was telling us that he was part of this group (I'll have to look it up) from around Aberdeen area and they wanted to be the first of them to drink a bottle of whiskey at the top of King Arthur's seat. He was laughing too cause they had the bottle and all he had was the box.

After I chatted with the woman and her father chatted with the Scotsman she offered to take a picture of the Scotsman and me. The two of them proceeded then to walk up the long climb. The Scotsman and I got talking and stuff. He asked where I was from and what I did for work etc, etc. His friends were getting close enough that he started to yell to them to come down cause they had the drink, and I was on my way down the rest of the way anyway. He joined them as I went down. Not long later I saw a group coming from the St. Anthony's church ruin that looked like vikings or something. They had obviously dressed up for the gathering too. One of them decided to do come down quickly and did a little yell as he did so. It was actually really really really funny.

I stopped by the pond with the swans and stuff and started to walk back in the direction of getting food and my hotel. At one point, as I was walking by the park I turned and right behind me were the three Scotsmen walking together. I said I wanted a picture of them but they said they weren't stopping so I walked backwards and took a picture of them while they walked. The one I had talked to said to the others, that I was the Canadian girl he had mentioned. Well, they started getting friendly and chatting it up with me. We got stopped by some tourists wanting pictures and stuff too. The short one totally was flirting it up with me, as he had been doing with everyone. They noticed my empty water bottle and asked what had been in my "flask" and I disappointed them when I told them it was only water.

At one point the blonde one, from the right of the picture, pulled my back to him by my backpack and offered me some of the whiskey in the glass they still had. I declined and said I didn't drink. They laughed and joked about that and the short one said, ya neither did he, as of five minutes ago. I laughed and asked him how long that would last. He kept telling me about his hotel room and what I was doing after and stuff. It was so funny. I wish I remembered it all but I don't. It was too much and too funny. Then one of them started riding someone else's bike and I eventually kept moving and they found another girl to hang out with. It was really funny. Definitely a highlight of the day for me. Truly a fun moment on my trip. Check out the pictures below and you'll see the one of the three of them. They were a lot of fun.

1 comments:

Leah M said...

Barb!
That is hilarious!!
You had your very own drunk scotsmen!(have you heard the song?) Thats an awesome memory, I wish I had been there!