Well, today I'm another year older and I'm starting to feel it more and more. Mostly the aches and pains. Emotionally and spiritually I feel around 27 still. I liked that age. I had a great weekend with the girls. E, S, K and I went to see Harry Potter on Saturday. We had fun. It was such an awesome movie and it was nice to get out and see it. Then A met us out for supper at the Outback. Now that was a total treat. The best part of that was the cute waiter was there.
He was the Manager for the night and since K had a problem with her steak being underdone and she needed it cooked a bit more, when it came back, he brought it. He made sure everything was okay with us, and it was perfectly fine, K wasn't upset, just doesn't like pink meat (which I can understand). It was awesome. He even asked what we were celebrating or if it was just a girls night out. We mentioned my bday and he made sure to tell me to save some room. He's so freaking cute. I've had him for a waiter twice before and if you want me to be completely honest, he's the reason we choose that place and to go to the West End. The head manager guy is pretty cute too. Em agrees with me on that one!!!
We laughed quite hard that night and it didn't hurt that Em bought me a day calendar that is "What your Poo is telling you". I thought I was going to laugh right off the chairs. Sunday was nice and quiet, but I got the enjoyment of watching Karen's kids in the primary presentation. Now those are some cute kids, and Cache cracked us up a time or two. Especially that cheesy grin of his.
Then today, my actual birthday. Today I am 34, I don't like that number. It's not that I mind being in my 30's, it just sounds so old and I don't feel that inside. But that is perfectly okay. I love my life and I'm happy. I may not perfectly like everything about my life but I am very very happy and extremely blessed. This is the time and these are the moments. I am where I need to be and not yet where I'm going to end up. There is so much more for me out there, and I'm not sure where exactly it's all going but it's getting there.
I was almost worried with J being gone sick at work that they might forget my birthday. I didn't want to be the one to bring it up. I was just sitting there working when M (who I've known for over 2 years) randomly piped up and said, Hey, Happy Birthday Barb. After thanking him I asked how he knew. He laughed and said he just checked his FB. I had a feeling that's what gave it away. I don't want to be selfish and bring it up myself, but dang it, YES I wanted a little attention for my birthday, even if it does embarrass me.
I went and visited mom too before she leaves for a week tomorrow, and then I took advantage of my birthday. I went to Sephora and bought some make up I needed and got the free birthday gift that was mine!!!!! I figured dang nab it, I'm taking every advantage that I can of my birthday!!!! Then I just came home and relaxed. I needed it. Just some time to de-stress and chill. Lots of birthday wishes on Facebook and a few texts too. I'd say it was a pretty good day in all. And to top it all off, only 47 days left, which, with Christmas, is only 30 working days (minus a half day here and there for work party and a PD course). I'm feeling great about that!!!!!




0 comments:
Post a Comment