CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Last Day!!!!!

Well, today is the last day of work at this job. I have had many many good times and some stressful times too. It is time to move on and go for bigger and better things for me. I will miss the people, but not the job. I did get a little annoyed on Tuesday when D was telling a client that I was no longer going to be here. D mentioned that they were bringing in K, the girl I replaced (which I had kind of figured out 4 weeks ago anyway) on a temporary basis as it's a "bad time of year" to find someone and there are no grads to hire. I happen to know, after talking with K yesterday that he hired her immediately after I quit. He made it sound like they couldn't find anyone when really they didn't look. I'm pretty sure D has a buyer too, he met with him a week or so ago, and is moving over there in the next month or so and that K is just in transition until he gets everything moved over to the new place. Whatever, I don't care, I just found it insulting that he was blaming me for a bad time of year to hire, when he wasn't even hiring someone. UGH!!! Just annoying that's all.


But, I do have to say, that apart from a few things here and there I have been taken care of. J&D gave me a "care package" today. J's afraid that they won't have what I need at the new office so she gave me some stuff. An orange peeler, an apple corer, a calendar notebook, hand lotion, LOTS of hot chocolate (my morning/cold day treat) a thermal mug for my hot chocolate, a gift card to chapters for a new book, along with a new bookmark. It was very cute. I have that along with my box-o-crap to take home with me today. It's sort of bitter sweet. I'm a little sad that I won't see them and be conversing and joking with them anymore, BUT EXTREMELY HAPPY to not have to deal with J this tax season.

I'm enjoying the last couple of days. I've just been sitting on the sidelines while K gets back in to the swing of things after 7 years. She's been raising her kids (the reason she left) and hasn't worked since then. It's kind of funny watching her slowly get back in to it all. Kind of funny that she was the one teaching me oh such a short time ago. It feels like just yesterday and yet feels like a whole other lifetime ago. She'll be fine.

I am quite excited to start at the new place. It's going to be VERY hard and a HUGH adjustment but I know it's the best thing for me right now. Funny thing is, I'm not even really that nervous which is surprising for me. I'm sure by next week I'll be freaking out a little, but honestly, I know my life is going in the right direction at the right time. I am where I need to be and working on where I need to be going. I'm getting back in to shape and making all kinds of positive changes for me. I need this, I want this and I'm excited for this. This is my life and gosh darn it all, I'm going to make it the most fantastic life I possibly can with everything I've been given, whether a challenge or a help. So, here's to me, and all the joy to come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 comments: