CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Friends

Life keeps on amazing me. It just proves to me even further that Heavenly Father knows us all so well and puts people and things in our lives when we need them the most. I had a VERY rough first week back at work after holidays. I came back to a pile of work and even more clients have come in this week. to triple the work load. I can't keep up. There is so much work there to keep me busy until I leave. It didn't help that I had the major stress of quitting my job and then some of the awkward moments afterwards, especially with J on Friday. She was nice about it but I still felt very awkward.


So to alleviate the stress I wanted a girls night Friday night. Turns out it was needed on all fronts. We didn't see many movies that we wanted to see in the theatre and decided on Eat Pray Love. The timing of the one at Westmount was perfect too. A works till 6 and K had physio so the 7:45 show timed so well with all of us. A had to go home after the movie (it ended after 10pm) since she had to work the next day but since the rest of us hadn't really eaten Em, K and I went to Boston Pizza. I had started craving it before we went to the movie and in fact even knew already what I wanted to eat before I got there!!!!

The point of the story is knowing how much it was needed. We laughed so hard and cried so much during the movie. I was just a reflection of where we all are in our lives right now. We are all single women in our mid-thirties and trying to figure it out. None of us were where we exactly planned on being at the age we are currently. I will admit though that all during the movie I was happy that I have made the decision to take some time for me to figure it out and go to Australia. That will help me. I've also been at peace with the new job. I've reached the point where when people ask me where I'm going to be in the next two years I just don't know anymore. I'll probably at this new job and working towards buying a new house or something but I just can't promise. I could be living anywhere or doing anything. I will always be doing what I'm doing for my current career as I do enjoy it. I just don't know where I'll be. Now don't take that to mean as I plan on leaving this new job, there is no plan for that, I'm just kind of going with the flow to see where life ends up.

Turns out though that the night was required for all. Em was taken aback by the movie. She was in such a contemplative mood after it. She didn't say much because it affected her so much. I just watched it and thought that it was exactly what she would LOVE to do with her life. Then K, wow, she had had an even worse week. She said that when she got my text about going out she was quite relieved and needed it. It was so nice to all reflect on our lives and the impact the movie had on us. It was also nice to vent about all our woes. The best and yet most embarrassing part was the tears that flowed at BP's. We all shed a lot of tears as we talked. We finished our meal at a decent time but kept on sitting there and talking, laughing and crying, sharing in our hardships. All 3 of us have had a pretty rough year, starting at about this time last year. It was nice to have people to share with and cry with. I didn't even remember mine being that difficult until I really started to think, and then I suddenly remembered it. It feels all so far away right now and mostly things are good. It's at least had a happier ending. Either way, it was nice to be that relief for others, to get them out and let them be what they needed. I look forward to doing it again soon!!!!!!

0 comments: