Well, my business meeting went well last night. I learned a lot about myself and how I've stifled myself at my job. I found out that I would have WAYYY more responsibility if I worked there and they want their employees to learn and grow. They couldn't believe that I wasn't doing more and they think I'm too smart to be wasted at my current job. It really got me thinking and helped me decide that no matter what happens with them, I'm leaving my job as of December at the latest. And that I'm going to Australia in January and if I have to line up a different job before I go, I will, but I'm moving on and moving out. I need to, I need that very much for me!!!!!
So, I'm waiting to hear back from them for another meeting to discuss things further after they've had a chance to talk with each other. It's exciting and nerve wracking all at the same time. I think part of the problem why I'm sick of my job is that I'm extremely bored with it. I'm not challenged in any way and I haven't learned anything new in years. I think that self discovery was the best part of the whole night. It's true and others have told me to leave my job before if I was unhappy and that I owed my bosses no loyalty but it was said in a different manner in a words that made more sense and in a way I was ready to hear. D referenced my father in it and he used to work with my dad. He and dad were Bishops of the YSA wards at the same time and like mom said, he said it in a Bishop like manner which was helpful.
I do know that I haven't been ready for the changes until now, and a good part of that is that I needed time to figure out life after dad. I mentioned I had been in a coma like state for almost a year after dad died. D asked what I meant by that because T had agreed with me and T just said that you'd talk to me and nothing would get through. I would just look blank. But mostly only those who knew me well enough knew how blank I was because they know how alive I really am. That discussion is where I cried. I still miss dad a lot and wish he was here. They were very understanding and I even almost got D choked up cause he loved my dad too.
I feel a great sense of relief with the choices I've made and how I feel about everything. Now I just put in some time and enjoy the rest of my summer and look forward to some big new things ahead.
On a side note. Went to my first Condo meeting for the 7 years I've lived here. It was interesting. I was scared to say something at first but the few things I had issues with I got brave to talk about and things got addressed very nicely. They are some great people we've got in there now and for the first time in years we have a better property manager in charge and work is finally getting done. A few of us brought up some big concerns and we were appreciated and thanked after the meeting. It was quite nice to meet others who live here too. The funniest part was where there were a few Colourful people there, 2 of them. They brought up in appropriate things and argued over stuff that wasn't even worth arguing and no one was going to change anyway. It was ridiculously pointless. One was even arguing on the way out the door which was odd because they had decided to keep it the same which is what he wanted anyway. Cracks me up people sometime. Definitely worth going to check out though!!! I got a good laugh at least!!!!




0 comments:
Post a Comment