CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 5, 2009

SNOW

First of all, I have to say that I have the cutest new baby nieces EVER!!!! They are so adorable. I was at Karen's last night and the two older kids we all over me having fun and making me come downstairs to play with them. I still love them lots and think they are so cute. We have lots of fun together. I got to play with Miranda too, who is just a nice quiet calm baby. Hopefully Karen got one just like her this time!!!! Then tonight, as we speak, I'm babysitting Ivy. She slept an hour longer than Diana thought she would and then at her bottle almost 2 hours after we expected. Now she's just jumping in her jumper, yakkin' away, chewing on her toys.

Now for the snow. It started snowing yesterday, which at first was okay when I woke up to the snow, except the fact it kept snowing. It was already pretty deep when I woke up and then it just kept getting worse. I was leaving work early to drive mom to the airport and they let me go home more than 2 hours earlier than I had planned, party because of no work, and partly because of the snow. I was worried when I pulled up to mom's house that when I went to leave that I might not be able to get my car out of there due to all of the snow.

So mom had shoveled off some of the driveway before she went to the mall (she left for a minute when I got there) and then just before we left I had to shovel the patio so that we could take all of the luggage to the car. So, my dad always shoveled the whole patio for various reasons and we have kept up the tradition. We have learned from just doing a path to the garage a few times that the whole patio has its benefits. So mom said to just clean a path but I was like, I'm just going to have to clean the whole thing off later and it's only going to be heavier (it was pretty deep and still snowing) so I shoveled the whole thing. It was kind of a nerve wracking drive out to the airport but I have to admit, the highway was cleaner than the city. I'm just glad I wasn't going a long distance though.

When I got home I was going to clean mom's driveway off but her awesome next door neighbour had been snow blowing his driveway when we left and did moms at the same time. I did a bit of the patio again and then the front walk. Too much snow. I went back again today and HOLY CRAP!!!! is all I have to say. I parked half a block away where the street was pretty clean (totally would have gotten stuck in front of moms house), and thank goodness then awesome neighbour had done all of moms front walk. I couldn't get down the side of the house to the back door though, the snow was up to my knees, so I went in the front and then went out and proceeded to shovel most of the patio again. I missed only about 1/4 or less of it but I was cold and tired by then.

So last night Karen had a scentsy party that only me and one other of Karen's friends showed up to. We weren't surprised just because of the weather. I mean, the roads are total crap from the foot and half of snow. I was lucky to make it out of the parking spot in front of her house. Then coming out to Diana's house in Leduc tonight has been interesting. I'm a little worried about driving home at 10 or 11 on the highway, but I'll be fine. I'm just glad I don't have too much driving to do tomorrow, and I'm hoping that soon they get the bus routes done soon. As for now I can't even park in my parking lot at my place. The snow is too deep and my car is too low. It will be nice when everything has been driven on enough that it's no longer a big deal. The first snow fall is always the worst, but when it snows SOOOOOOO much in one day, it just gets completely crazy!!!!!!! At least it's a white Christmas again!!!

0 comments: