CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sisterhood of the Travelling Panda

So this is quite a funny way to start my blog. I have to say, I had one funny night. My day started with my niece just having fun. She spent a couple of nights at my house just chillin'. She moved here just over 3 months ago from Utah and we haven't really spent much time together so it was a lot of fun. We totally vegged and had an absolutely lazy day laughing, talking, watching heroes and going to the store in our pj's!!!

I spent the early evening going to the Relief Society broadcast and as hard as it is for me to sit there I enjoyed most of it. Afterwards Emily, Jenn and I went to West Ed. We had a great plan of going bowling but somehow that got changes. We started out by going shopping at Bath and Body Works (so glad they FINALLY came to Edmonton) and then Emily started talking about stuffing a bear so we ended up at Build a Bear. Well that was just a hoot and a half!! Emily decided to get one and the lady there let all 3 of us put a heart in him and she told us to make a wish before we stuck the heart in and Jenn promptly said, "ok, I know we're all wishing the same thing". Well I nearly lost it and just started to laugh my head off because it was totally true.

It was around then that we decided to go for dessert and skip the bowling idea. On our way to Cheescake cafe Emily mentioned to me that she would have us "babysit" Lucky Min (the panda she got) when she went out of town. While at the restaurant Emily mentioned the babysitting thing and then we got talking about sharing him to share the luck between us. So then Jenn pipes up and starts labelling it 'Sisterhood of the Travelling Panda'. I swear, I thought I was going to die laughing then and there. It's always like this when the 3 of us get together. Lots of giggles and snorts all over the place with an occasional hyena thrown in for good measure. I love those two. Definately makes life more fun.

So on a side note, as I was coming out of Bath and Body works I was on the phone with a friend who asked if I was going to church tomorrow (well I guess it's today now) and I said ya, I'm a goodie two-shoes. He then told me I was a goodie two-shoes with and edge and proceeded to call me an edgy goodie two-shoes. I loved it and thought it was funny and told the girls when I met up with them. Well they happened to be talking about something similar and they had just come up with Fabulous Dork with a capital D for Jenn and then we decided on Homey Em. for Emily. See, we truly truly are strange. I guess I should head to bed now though since I do have church at 8:30 in the morning. Oh the torture of it all!!!!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

it was a fun night! i don't know if i permanently want to be called a dork, though! long live the sisterhood!

Kelli said...

I think Jenn's new nickname suits her. It's better than Jenny-From-The-Block.